New BV symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

The last 3 months have been an issue for me. The last week of Halloween i started feeling very sick. I thought i had the flu, which at the time, most people in my family did. So i was in bed for a week with SEVERE pain in my abdomen. No other symptoms really, it wasnt a fishy odor but my discharge looked more qhite than usual. One day i couldnt take it anymore, went to the E.R. and the doctor told me i had BV. Prescribed a 10 day antibiotic and pain medicine. The pain subsided and i had felt great. Now the end of December i had severe pain again, this time i felt like it was in my kidneys. (I have a past of kidney stones) went to the E.R. thinking they were stones. The Dr said i did have stones but they werent moving and shouldnt cause pain. So they did a pap and come to find out I had BV again! I was prescribed 7 day antibiotic by mouth 3 times a day. Followed through with all medication, went to my dr and she asked if i still felt bad. Sometimes the pain comes and goes. So she gave another 3 days of antibiotics. Took them. But im having these symptoms still: pain coming and going in pelvic area & kidney area, outer rash on the lower edge of my labia on each side, it itches a bit and is tender when i itch it, i cant really tell about my discharge because i just ended my period yesterday after 7 days, spotting before menstrual, and i have had a head cold for 6 days ( sinus drainage, very sore throat, mucus.)

I have read people say that redness/irritation/sores arent part of BV and then some say they are. I felt concerned and scared that it could be something else, this is the first time ever having the tenderness. I cannot spot any blisters. And the red rash/irritation is around where the outside of panties and vagina meet. Like the leg holes and stuff, but its on my labia. I am just really concerned that when reading a lot of the posts people said 'herpes' and then some said it wasnt.

My real questions are: did anyone experience sores even after the antibiotic? How did they feel? (Burning, itch, tender, rashy, etc) did anyone have BV while on their period and it not go away? Or did you get BV straight after your period? Did anyone feel pain in their kidney area? ( soreness or tenderness, stabbing or dull ache pain just below the rib cage. The feeling more in your back than in the front.) Have any severe nausea with it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also: i have had the mirena iud for over a little over a year [Nov. 2016]. I am sexually active, last time i had intercourse was Sunday [of this past week].

Another thing was that the first time i was diagnosed with BV the dr also said i had PID. I had a shot in the buttocks and took all the antibiotica for the BV.

Did or does anyone else have the IUD with their BV? What form of BC did you switch to if you had it taken out.

• Posted

Usually vaginal infections (such as BV and yeast infections) do not cause sever abdominal pains. You are looking at PID which the docs diagnosed you with the first time, and that usually requires a longer term antibiotics plus you need to go back to get checked if its clean.

If what you had was BV (BV can sometimes come with other things TOGETHER),the antibiotics can cause an yeast infection after you finish the round, hence the itchiness and redness. Please see a gyno for full diagnosis and follow up to make sure its gone, do not go just once. 

After you get it treated start getting life style in place, no late nights, drink lots of water, eat yogurt if you can, and exercise. It worked for me, but very slowly to get it back in place. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.