New chairi suferer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got diagnosed with chairi malformation 1 year ago now found out i need surgery and am goin in at end of septemeber safe to say im super nervous. Hate this feeling of always bein tired or lazy does it go away??

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had surgery in 2014. In my case already had nerve damage. I did not have a good outcome. Please keep in mind they say some people do. I guess their not on the

Groups as they are living normal lives. I wish you good luck.

• Posted

Hi Apple62

Totally get that surgery is not the panacea for all people, and that many will have a recurrence of some symptoms within a few years.

I don't want to look at this through rose tinted glasses. From research I have done, no other option available to relieve the principle issue of constant headaches that are strongly correlated to the fatigue, so I have adopted a positive view on the surgery.

I can barely contemplate how I would feel about life if it doesn't have a significant impact on the symptoms.

I am not the bravest in facing the surgery, and I need to get myself in the right frame of mind just to go through with it.

My thoughts are genuinely with you in managing your condition. 8 months ago, I had never heard of CM. Now I am a lot more humble after listening to others.

Best

Stable2309

• Posted

Hi Apple,

What happen now, I am sorry to hear about your nerve damage, so..what the cuase of it?? I had decompression 1 year ago..I live in my normal life, but I still be careful - not to do jumping about 

• Posted

Hi Leanne,

Just be confident, make sure try to do lot of relaxing, rest..listen to your body langauage..your body telling you what you need doing, drink plenty of fluid..magnesium suppplements help a lot, do stretch exercise each day 5 minutes will do.. I suffered worse then you..I kept blacking it out..vomitting..pain was unberable..the minutes I got up from the surgery all of that pressure gone..my ballance back..no headache..neck pain..what I used to suffer..I am drug free and enjoying the full life..THERE IS A LIGHT BY THE END OF THE TUNNEL, DONT FORGET PRAYING..THATS HELP

• Posted

Honey, you are going into surgery and I hope you have a positive outcome.  My story

is something you don't need.  You need some positive outcome stories. I really hope 

you have an easy surgery and life returns to normal.  Best wishes.  

• Posted

13days n counting for me nerves kickin in
    • Posted

No easy solution to this as your the patient. Won't help yourself to get wound up about it.

Best to embrace it as best way through this for YOU to have an opportunity for better health. And that is worth smiling about.

Best Wishes

• Posted

Hi Leanne73120

I get this is a hard time for you.

My plan was to ensure that I was busy all weekend as my op was Monday. As it happened a pub meal Sunday lunch with close friends and my lovely wife with a couple of pints was the ideal tonic.

No staring in the mirror telling myself it's for the best and the positive things I tried to tell myself. Just went out to have a good time.

We aren't guinea pigs going through new op, it's been done plenty of times. And there is a pile of evidence on these pages, that leaving the procedure does not help our condition.

Can only share sincere best wishes so next week we can talk recovery.

So book something fun and look to a better future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.