new crappy symptom....

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone experianced eye pain with movement? like red swollen oily eyelids that swell and hurt in the sun and out of the sun.i cant even look at eyemakeup and to make matters worse ,now i move them and they hurt,no vision change or appearance change,just they hurt in light and movement? is this common

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Often this is due to insufficient amounts of natural lube on the eyeball surface .Without the regular amount needed always being present the eyeball is unprotected and very light sensitive and feels strained . Suffering at present .
  • Posted

Hi Susan, the only time I've had this symptom I was diagnosed with a deep eye infection on top of the blepharitis. I had two months of antibiotics during which time my eyes were extremely sensitive to environmental conditions including light, breezes etc. Once the course of treatment ended it was a couple of weeks before my eyes and eyelids returned to normal. Another aspect was allergens carried in the air.

As a general routine I shampoo my eyes night and morning with johnsons baby shampoo (straight from the bottle as advised by my doctor), followed by 10 minutes of heat treatment with a blepharitis mask, I then wipe them again with wet wipes before putting in eye drops for dry eyes. If my eyes are uncomfortable during the day I use wet wipes.  I continue with this even when I am not in a blepharitis episode as it keeps the condition at bay. It's also vital for MGD which is a part of blepharitis.

i researched medical studies re blepharitis and came across a trial on the effect of high doses of omega 3 fish oil, 6000mg per day, and was impressed so tried it. It has made a noticeable and significant difference and I am generally in complete control of my blepharitis condition. I also take a very strong antihistamine daily all year round. 

I d wear eye make up when I feel my eyes can take it, generally for special occasions.

Sorry this his reply is so long. It's taken a couple of years to get my blepharitis under control but that's no time at all compared to others. Blepharitis seems to affect every one differently.

Good luck, hope you find answers very soon. All the best, Pamela

• Posted

HI,I WENT TO AN EYE DR,NO INFECTION HE CHECKED,I WANT TO WEAR MAKEUP AND GO BACK TO NORMAL SO BAD. I WAS WONDERING IF MY DIET HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT,THEY HURT AND THE TOPS OF THE LIDS ARE OILY. I TRIED FISH OIL BIT FACE BROKE OUT,sad CANT USE HEAT,BOTHERS THE NERVE IN THE EYES,CAUSES PAIN
  • Posted

Hi again Susan, I've just come across this hilts reading further entries in this forum:

Keratitis (corneal inflammation) ± ulceration. Symptoms of a foreign body sensation, pain, a red eye and photophobia would lead you to suspect this and should prompt referral for further assessment.

bye for now

pamela

• Posted

Hi Susan, yes, in time it will lessen and you will find your own way to control the symptoms. 

when my eyelids were very greasy I checked out eye makeup for greasy eyelids and apparently a cream eye shadow is recommended. I bought a tube and it works well. It's not like the old fashioned cream eye shadows.

• Posted

please ,please, give me the name of it! i swelled so bad after the shadow it looked like golf balls! !
    • Posted

also any foods you feel effect the bleph? thank  you so much,im trying to see how i can get better,i never want to stop until i get a remedy
  • Posted

It's No 7 Stay Perfect Smoothing Eye Shadow. No.7 is all hypoallergenic. I use a neutral shade which seems to be a good foundation for powdered eye shadow on top. It dries on application and the powder eyeshadow doesn't clog in creases. I use eye make up only when I feel I can get away with it. I wouldn't if I had need to wipe my eyes with wet ones any time during the day. It's worth a try anyway. If it doesn't work for you don't lose heart. You will eventually find your formula for eye comfort and eye makeup, at least it's important you keep hoping and trying. Good luck.
  • Posted

No food types seem to affect me really. I don't have problems with candida. I eat a normal diet with meat, fish and lots of varied vegetables. I keep bread intake low as I find it bloats me out. Alcohol intake is moderate mainly because I need to do my eye routine before going to bed lol
    • Posted

hi,i just ordered it in pewter,it is made in italy,i know i cant apply to the lash line at all but maybe by the eyebrows on top,i got the lighter for that,hope it works....sad thank you,i tried eating less oily foods and more fruit,we will see
  • Posted

Why the moderator has deleted my reply I have no idea . Subject matter was supplements that may have helped and gut bacteria types "overloads" that may impare the immune system in the fight against bleth .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.