New Cy Pass Micro-stent for glaucoma

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had this stent placed in my left eye during my cataract surgery 4 months ago (March 2018), my eye has been blurry since then and my Dr. says 20% of people who have this done end up with this problem an it can take months up to a year for the blurriness to go away, she said when the eye drains it is pulling my new lens out of place, this is exhausting as the other eye is nearsighted and this one farsighted, I did get distance glasses but I want to see good out of both eyes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about this complication.   Did your doctor give you the option of having the cataract surgery WITHOUT the stent?  Is it possible to remove the stent to resolve the blurry vision?
    • Posted

The Dr. did not offer any other than a cy-pass for the first eye, for the second eye surgery she did a goniotomy which worked great, both of these procedures are for glaucoma and are to be done at the time of the cataract removal so I am not sure about undoing this according to Medicare guidelines but I have an apt with her tomorrow so we will discuss my options.

• Posted

Good luck Kerrith.  I hope your doctor finds a solution for the blurry vision.
  • Posted

Glaucoma is incurable. But you can constantly drip medicines and maintain your eyesight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.