New diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am a nursing instructor who had no idea about MC. I have it and it is spreading as we speak, it is so itchy and I am afraid of getting it on my face, you see I still teach.I don't know much about it and am not dealing well with it. I deal with patients all the time but when you become one it is different Any advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Whatever you do do NOT touch it or scratch it. That is why Epsom salt baths are good for this. It helps to dry it up fairly quickly. Do not put warm water on it because it will help it to spread. This rash (for lack of a better word) spreads quickly and heat is one cause, touching or scratching is another. Soak in Epsom salt baths (we used 1 1/2-2 cups of epsom salts) to try to make the water more like ocean saltwater. It does work. We have 3 living proofs of it. It took almost two weeks to be completely gone. I'll be praying for your healing.

• Posted

Thanks, I will see how it works I am also trying compound W. Going to work is nerve racking as I am conscious of passing it on...the itching is also bad right now.
    • Posted

I know its hard but try not to touch it. I know its itchy. That spreads it. I'm praying for your quick recovery!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.