New diagnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

After months of visiting the doctors and being treated for thrush, I eventually consulted the sexual health services who diagnosed me with lichen sclerosus and advised there was no cure but to use a steroid cream daily and that it was a lifelong condition. I've done some research and read that dieting can sometimes ease or eradicate? Has anyone been successful in this and if so what diet plan did you follow? Are there any other tips that you can please provide?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

after reading many posts i have to say i consider myself lucky.  initial diagnosis of yeast infection treated with steroid cream did not help. on only second visit my doctor diagnosed ls.  first visit did not include physical exam and 2nd one did.  i like reading all the treatments, etc, that have been tried and will keep them in mind if i ever need to change.  right now i'm using triamincolone cream twice daily.

• Posted

Definitely cutting out sugar, de stressing and being constant in spritzing, use vitamen e oil every morning and paw paw every night. Haven't had to use any prescription ointment for 12 months and my fingers are crossed. I think the important thing is to get it under control first. Good luck. 😊

• Posted

If you cut out the foods that are bad for you like sugar dairy and gluten you will notice a big big big Improvement this is what I do and I have the mildest case imaginable and I attribute it to the foods I eat lots of vegetables lots of salads and proteins

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.