New diagnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

My doctor has referred me to a gynaecologist but it’s 6 weeks away and I’m really worried. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

It's not easy to wait with LS, I agree. As a suggestion, try reading some of the threads on Borax and if you feel comfortable trying it you could potentially use it as an interim treatment until you see your doctor. Apparently, it has worked well for some women on this site. I have not tried it yet, but plan to at some point. Right now I am using Clobetasol steroid ointment.

All the best,

Metta

• Posted

Hi Donna - feel for you, it's hard not to worry but take heart in the fact that you're being seen and will get treatment if you need it. I am trying borax as am still waiting to pick up prescription for steroid cream. All the best to you. 

• Posted

It is hard to wait and worry. Why not read some of the threads here. It may help ease your worries some. You are not alone and we all wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi dunkin

Many thx 

Glad to be able to actually talk about it I’ve not told anyone all a bit taboo to me !

Donna

• Posted

Hi,

My GP eventually referred me to Gynae in Sept and my appt came through for December.  As it's a Choose and Book system (UK) I managed to change it for an earlier one.  Is that something you could try and do if you're in the UK.  GP prescribed Dermovate but I find it too strong, I actually felt worse off using it.

Best wishes

Toni

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.