New Diagnosis of Barrets with no Dysplasia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just found out today. Suffered with gerd for years. Ate chalk and Zantac in those years. I'm  a 45 year old male. My barrets has no dysplasia . I was wondering what most of you take in milligrams of Prilosec and how many times per day. Also has anyone seen a difference from Prilosec vs generic. I'm wound up about this and looking for some support and help in this new disease I have. Thank you very much you acid heads ??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I take 40mg of omeprazole once a day. It is a generic for prilosec. Have done so for 2 years now have done well with it. I still try to avoid certain foods & spices, no sense in pushing your luck.

• Posted

As you I was just diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus, with no dysplasia. I was quite shocked since I never knew I had reflux. I now take 40mg Pepcid before my dinner I also elevate the head of bed with wedge. i try and meditate but it's difficult but I try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.