new diagnosis PR

Posted , 11 users are following.

I just got the diagnosis and 5mg Prednisone. Researching a little I see its also GCA. I am terrified. Will 5mgs do it? Need to see doc again. any personal experiences? Usually over reactive to meds.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Beginning my 3rd day on 15mgs. Yesterday was the first time in a couple of months  that I had any energy at all or stayed awake the whole day. Friend tells me it is "prednisone euphoria". I'll take it!  Will talk to the pharmacist today about the supplements, vitamins etc that I had been taking and have stopped now so that I can rest the prednisone.

As always, thanks for the informed support around here.

• Posted

test, not rest the prednisone.
    • Posted

Don't go rushing around because of the "pred euphoria"! Something by the way I have never experienced and am fed up with people telling that that is why I feel well! You feel well because you don't hurt and can move. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.