New diagnosis with Lichen sclerosus - old diagnosis of genital herpes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there with my situation,  I have recently been diagnosed with LS. I had a genital herpes diagnosis 36 years ago, GP has given me steroid cream for LS which worked initially but now just stings so much. I tried an alternative solution of bicarbonate of soda and coconut oil and I nearly passed out with the pain. I'm at my wits end as I think I might also have Lichen Planus as the pain is extended to the vaginal area.. With all of these I have now given up ever of having an intimate relationship again,  I beat cancer last year and this now seems so unfair as I think the trauma of having cancer and the subsequent surgery have caused all of these recent problems.  I thought it was difficult with the herpes which I now manage quite well. The unwarranted stigma adds to emotional overload,  Feel very alone with all of this.  My GP who is a very young woman thinks 'ts very unfortunate all of this'.

Anyone out there have any ideas.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your having problems in finding it difficult to find the right thing to use as well I do use Epiderm cream it's very soothing 

• Posted

So sorry to hear how painful and distressed you are feeling. Ls seems to flare up and go for no apparent reason, I got Timotine which was a nappy rash cream, and was able to tollerate it, just. I also had to use a barrier gel at all times. At home wore dressing gown and no underwear. Loose clothing, cotton pants. Keep going back to Dr until you find something that eases / soothes it, and hopefully they will all become aware of LS . Wishing you a speedy recovery

xx

• Posted

The advice you have been given by others on this forum is very good. I understand how you feel. A lot of women seem to be using borax in their bathwater or as a spray but I haven't tried it yet. The reason I haven't tried it is because over a month ago I started to use a mixture of 4 tablespoons of Organic Castor Oil, 1 DROP Lemon Grass Essence Oil and 2 DROPS of Lavender Essence Oil. For the first time in over thirty years the itch has gone and I feel so much better. If you are going to try this then do not exceed the drops stipulated and I suggest you use a small dropper as well. It is like a miracle cure for me. I have also used a baby cream called Desitin (Australia) and there is another one called Fissan Paste (South Africa)

• Posted

Thank you this is great I will definitely try this. Do you use it in the bath unfortunately I only have a wet room .
  • Posted

No you use your finger , dip it into the castor oil mixture and apply it.
  • Posted

Thank you, Cannycow and chicks. My mum has been suffering a great deal with the itching and pain of LS. She's in the midst of a lengthy flare probably caused by stress. I'm going to mix the organic castor oil, lemongrass oil, and lavender oil solution and see if it helps. I appreciate all the info and words of support & kindness info this forum. It's been hard on my mum and the hope you've given her by sharing your insight is invaluable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.