New diet

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a nasty flare up in Feb this year resulting in a stay in hospital. Another bout in July made me look seriously at what I was eating. After the antibiotics had done there bit and the diarrhea had passed I started on a high fibre diet of sultana bran for breakfast one salad sandwich at lunch and a banana and an apple for snack. Dinner at night is meat and veg chicken , steak pork etc with green beans and peas broccoli etc. This has helped me with my weight and things are moving quite freely in the toilet dept. So fingers crossed we will see how this goes  but I'm feeling confident now going forward.

Jiroma

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds good biut try to remember the damage done by takikng antibiotics. They are part of your diet, for good or for bad.
    • Posted

I mean it is great to watch what you eat and drink but just as important to make sure you get the right biotics, they are part of what you eat. You can research biotics online.
  • Posted

Hello,

I think when you've had a nasty bout of diverticulitis you do access what your eating.

I was in hospital in June for 8 days on IV antibiotics and was really looking hard at everything that I was eating when I came home. Since coming on holiday in the US and eating out a lot, it's been harder, as you gave no control over what is added to your meal.

• Posted

Hello,

I think when you've had a nasty bout of diverticulitis you do access what your eating.

I was in hospital in June for 8 days on IV antibiotics and was really looking hard at everything that I was eating when I came home. Since coming on holiday in the US and eating out a lot, it's been harder, as you gave no control over what is added to your meal.

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry Jiroma, my reply went off without finishing. It's good to see what other people have to eat and the fact it has the added bonus of shredding a few pounds is great. Re eating out, it's fine at home you have control but eating out can be a nightmare. I'm on holiday in US and was out last with the family, I asked for a dessert that had chopped walnuts in. I asked if I could have the dessert without the walnuts, but was told they came ready prepared with a bunch of other things mixed in, so no I couldn't have it without walnuts. I ended up having some other dessert that had some plastic wrapping in it (Hard Rock Cafe) and it had to go back. I ended up with nothing!

Don't want another flare up so try to okay the rules. 

I have an appointment with a dietician in September when I return home, hopefully I will get some good advice as to what to avoid other than what I already know.

I will post anything of interest as soon as possible.

Lynne Mac.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.