New discovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mri conclusion after a 5.2 psa states: the prostate peripheral zone appearing diffusely heterogenously-hypointense on t2 images along with a diffuse early enhancementin the PZ. This makes assessment for focal pathology difficult. PIRADS 3.

A small lesion in periurethral location at central gland apex measuring 7mm at 10 to 12 o'clock position.

This is a brand new diagnosis, i have no prostate symptoms or issues it was just a routine psa blood test that picked this up. Now concerned, can anyone help????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I meant to add the 7mm lesion was pirad 4 on the mri result.
  • Posted

Chances are that although this means there are some cancer cells detected, they are unlikely to be dangerous. I imagine your doctors will suggest waiting and regular checks to see if there are developments. I've been on active surveillance for nearly ten years without treatment and have just been recommended to wait a year before my next test. I have a score of Gleason 3+3 and PiRads level 3.

• Posted

Chances are that although this means there are some cancer cells detected, they are unlikely to be dangerous. I imagine your doctors will suggest waiting and regular checks to see if there are developments. I've been on active surveillance for nearly ten years without treatment and have just been recommended to wait a year before my next test. I have a score of Gleason 3+3 and PiRads level 3.

• Posted

Hi Jimboo007,

I know it's easy for me to tell you just to relax and it's hard for you to relax and not worry. But a PIRAD 3 is an intermediate score and you should be on active surveillance and just get your PSA test every 6 months.

It's also important to deal with professional doctors who deal only with prostate cancer and who have the knowledge to give you informed decisions. Stay calm and live your life, eat well and hopefully you don't need to get treatment. This low score could stay this way for the rest of your life. What's your age?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I meant to add the 7mm lesion was a pirad 4 on the result.
  • Posted

Good advice by all. Keep inquiring, ask questions. Be confident of your medical team. Second opinions are always available. Do homework on your Dr, check referrals etc. Time is on your side. No need to rush into any treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.