New discovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mri conclusion after a 5.2 psa states: the prostate peripheral zone appearing diffusely heterogenously-hypointense on t2 images along with a diffuse early enhancementin the PZ. This makes assessment for focal pathology difficult. PIRADS 3.

A small lesion in periurethral location at central gland apex measuring 7mm at 10 to 12 o'clock position.

This is a brand new diagnosis, i have no prostate symptoms or issues it was just a routine psa blood test that picked this up. Now concerned, can anyone help???? Btw the 7mm lesion was pirad 4 result

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What does your doctor say as it's his/her job to turn into pain English? I had no symptoms but had a PSA reading of 6.4 but after an MRI I was given a Biopsy, which found a cancer in a lump which is Gleeson grade 7. Needs action as its a moderate cancer, not aggressive.

I would think you may need a biopsy too but never hesitate to ask questions!

Good luck!

• Posted

This score just requires monitoring and not treatment- I’ve lived with a similar score without treatment for nearly 10 years. Now only getting checked yearly!
  • Posted

Talk to Dr. What was your previous PSA? Looks like you have time. biopsy may be indicated. Get info before any treatment decisions are made.

FYI most men don't have symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.