new discussion on same subject citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

my 10th day in on 20mg citalopram yesterday thought the side effects were subsiding, but last night sleep was lucky to get 2 hours and got bad anxiety today. is this normal? can anyone help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

I have not taken cit.I do know they can take a while to kick in and maybe side effects will subside the anxiety I have got without them so it maybe nothing to do with the meds.not much help I know but I think sometimes we can think it is the meds.but if you really cannot put up with it perhaps go back to GP although probably say not give them long enough.Just wanted you to know I have seen your post and you are not alone.

GoodLuck

Joan

• Posted

Hi angela that is normal so please do not worry. Im on week 11 of 10mg cit and I remember those days of having blips after feeling good and thinking you were getting worse but its just a bad day we all have them with or without the pills. I still get bad days now but the good days are far more often than bad and the bad arent half as bad as theyd be without the citalopram so just persevere with it it will get better smile
  • Posted

Does the falling asleep get better as im in bed resting and feel shattered cant sleep.feel bad having time off work .
  • Posted

I didnt really suffer with falling asleep as I had trouble sleeping before the cit so they made my sleep a bit worse now my sleeping is normal ... I have read on many posts that people felt more tired and were having more sleep but this is a side effect which does wear off over time ... if you are concerned about anything have a chat with your dr I called mine nearly every day one week worrying about side effects and she was a great help
  • Posted

Its the not sleeping thats getting to me. Im not getting any sleep. I wondered how long until I do sleep well .
  • Posted

Do you take your tablet in morning or evening? Of evening it may be worth changing to morning as they can cause a stimulating effect. If you already take them in morning the not sleeping should only last a couple of weeks
  • Posted

Yeah I do take it in the morning. Im on day 10 so hopefully not be long then. Off work another week so should be ok .
  • Posted

Yea you will all of a sudden just be able to sleep it wont be long
  • Posted

Thank you for chatting today. Makes alot of difference when you know your not going to be like it all the time.
  • Posted

Hi Angela. I am on 40mg & have been for 7-8 months. I started off on 10 which made no difference, then 20 then 40. I also suffer a lot with other ailments, fibromyalgia being one of them. That alone causes extreme tiredness & fatigue. I was only diagnosed with that about 18 months ago, it is difficult to diagnose. I still have periods of anxiety & even though fatigued & very tired, sleep is often hard to come by. It's all a bit toppsy turvy really. A few nights good deep sleep works wonders. I just need to get my sleep pattern sorted. I hope your condition settles down soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.