New doctor upped my patch from 0. 5mg to 0.75mg ... hope it doesn’t affect me negatively 😩

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went to a new dr today and although the estrogen patch has helped with ‘some things’ I’m still fatigued and very depressed . She upped my dosage and here’s hoping ... is anybody else on this amount ? 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Again? Should have asked for the low dose birth control pill. Would have been better.
    • Posted

They won’t give it to you if your periods have stopped 
    • Posted

Oh, didn't realize you're no longer having monthlys. Then it makes sense to give you estrogen. But are you also taking progesterone to balance the hormones or are you progesterone dominant?

• Posted

I was on the estrogen  progesterone patch and I was crying and feeling awful so just estrogen only right now for 3 months ... to see how I do . I’m so sick of this ... still depressed but not crying ... still all a mess ! 
    • Posted

Dont despair it will get figured out.

I am currently trying maca  1/4 tsp, plus lemon balm/holy basil twice a day.

Im going to try this for a week or two maybe and if i see improvement i will stay with it, 

if i do not, then i may go for the divigel (like estrogel) an double it up and see.

hang in 

x0x0x0

• Posted

Why don’t you do the patch Mauiblue ? Could you not tolerate it and if so what did it do to you ? 
    • Posted

I have a history of trial and error with bhrt and now hrt.

Nothing works, i dont know if its because i dont stay with it long enough, but ive never had relief from depression or anxiety from taking hrt or bhrt.

Now come of late i had tried climara patch, and divigel (a gel you put on)

this morning i put on double the amount, which would be 0.5 x 2 which would be 1mg

I feel horrible, mentally incapacitated, super tired, and over the top anxiety at the same time. so i cant tell you really why they dont work other than maybe i should suffer a few weeks on them and see if my body accepts the estrogen?

Your guess is as good as mine.

x0x0x0x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.