New Dr lowered levo. HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 300 mcg Levothyroxine for several years. Was still hypo until I was given Adderall 40 mg day. Except for PTSD was fine. Old Doc retired and new Doc is freaked because my TSH is almost undetectable, T3 and T4 high side of normal. She lowered it to 250mcg and I'm in a tailspin in less than a month. Crying, shaking, cramps in my feet, leg tremors, etc. ANXIETY out of control. Please, please help.

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

300 is a very big dose. And equally, 50mg drop is a large drop in one go. Im coming off meds and find dropping just 25mg is hard and gives me nasty symptoms. It does take a while (sometimes eight weeks) for your thryoid to fully adjust to a change in dose. Maybe suggest to the doctor to reduce more gradually?
  • Posted

I dropped from 125 to 100 Levo about six weeks ago and am still off work but slowly, slowly beginning to feel like my old self. The hyper symptoms disappeared within the first fortnight, apart from a little anxiety which took longer. I've really struggled with typical hypo symptoms since but no longer feel rubbish, just tired and a bit breathless after doing very little. If I pace myself carefully, I'm ok. I've kept a diary and it's definitely helped me see that I am getting better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.