New elbow causing pain in hand

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since falling & blowing my elbow to smithereens & having a new joint & ironmongery in my arm my worst pain is in my hand but mainly my little finger. Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I also get pain in my hand. My little finger and the finger next to it is numb alot. I fell and crushed my radial head in my elbow which tore the ligaments and tendons too. I have been told I need a total elbow replacement but I'm holding off after reading some of the problems people have experienced post op. Elbow injuries are no fun, alot of issues attached to the injury.

• Posted

Hi Cathy, I fell, smashed the elbow radial head & the bone starting in O so I've had a new elbow joint fitted & don't really know about the pain as still on strong pain killers but it's the nerve pain I find worst. I did it 6 weeks ago but physio is helping. Stupid accidents eh?

• Posted

I know right...I pulled out my TV stand to hang a picture and turned around to walk away forgetting about the TV wires.. down I went and landed on my elbow. Dr said I would have been better off breaking both my hips than ending up with the elbow injury. Nerve pain I experience if I bend my arm. I hope you heal ok with no pain or nerve pain and numbness. Let me know how your doing. Where are you located? I am in South Florida.
    • Posted

Oh geez poor you. My Dr said the same that new hips are a doddle compared to elbows. I tripped on handbag strap. Sober as well.

I'm from Chester in the UK which is about 20 miles from Liverpool where the Beatles were from.

I'll let you know how it goes but so far so good. I'm 60 by the way so I'm not expecting it to heal easily. Bedtime over here. Night. 

• Posted

I'm 59 and I was also sober..lol. I am curious regarding your overall surgery outcome. My accident was 4 years ago they replaced the radial head but after my last recent visit with the loss of range of motion and the pain I experience he said I needed the total? elbow replacement. Not sure why he didn't do it the first time. The healing process is very long almost a full year the first time. I Hope you feel better soon, please keep in touch so I know how surgery ends up... Cathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.