New Friends

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, if you are looking in and reading this do stop and say hi, you can post as a 'guest' or become a member ; either way you are most welcome :wink: Vanessa

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Flossie,

Well done for giving up the ciggies - not easy. I know what you mean about the exercise, I struggle with it, but this is maybe why I am so short of breath as I have read recently that SOB can be exacerbated by lack of exercise. My nurse has confirmed that SOB is also impacted on by stress - and that does include work stressors. And think about the commute - is this stressful? Does it mean inhaling lots of traffic fumes? I know I have some room to talk - but I am seriously considering not going back to work as I have to take my health seriously and whilst I enjoy working, and the lifestyle it helps pay for, they are not going to do me much good if I cannot breathe. Some deep thinking then. And, if you are not near the groups you need then get them to refer you to ones near where you work - not easy if this is a different PCT but doable. And remember, you are entitled to the time off for health appointments - they will probably be happier for you to attend appointments than go off sick!!!!!!! Look after yourself

Jacee

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.