New FS procedure- Hydroplasty, My experience...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I'm new to this group, but I thought I'd share. I had a new (& hard to find info on) procedure for my FS called a hydroplasty. It is sort of a combination of hydrodilation and MUA only you are awake- for EVERYTHING. The injection part wasn't so bad. My ortho stated my adhesions were very thick and tight, but you could feel the 'pop'. Then came the manipulation. I wanted to die. I was lying there with tears streaming down my face, writhing in pain for some parts, and the PT kept saying "just a little further". For me, it was barbaric. I would rather have been sedated (I think it would have been more effective that way, too- the body relaxes and doesn't fight against the pain). VERY sore at home. And now "aggressive PT" for 5 days straight. And I have only gained about 5° improvement.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I see now that you are eager to return to a very physical job. My thawing took three long years so that would not have worked for you. Still think your procedure should have been done with you being put out for a while. No need to experience such pain when there are alternatives. I wonder if people who haven't had this problem (like the doctors, etc) realize the true extent of pain. 

• Posted

So sorry you had that experience.  Have you had any improvement from the procedure?  Hoping you're well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.