New Guy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with bilateral apical emphysema. Doctors found it during a CT scan for my head and neck. I am 57 years old with very little symptoms. I smoked for approximately 40 years. I quit figs for vaping as soon as the doctor told me. Not sure if vaping was the right choice and working on getting rid of the vale soon. Only doing 3mg nicotine but it helps. My symptoms are wheezing and mild congestion every couple of months. Going for my next CT scan in a couple of weeks. Doctor is checking me yearly. All of you are in my prayers, as I am learning more from this page than internet. This is scary stuff!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had quit smoking 30 years before COPD hit me. The next time you see your lung doc ask her/him if Indica edible/butter would be ok with her/him. I make butter, mix with mint and coconut oil and it improves my 02 by 3 to 4 points. Good luck and hang in, I passed 3/4 of a century last year.  
  • Posted

Hi if you have very few symptoms then I guess your emphysema is mild.  You have done the best thing for your health by stopping smoking.  It's best if you can eventually stop the vaping as well but it's still much better than smoking. 

You need to ensure you are leading a healthy lifestyle and it's very likely it will stay mild for a long time to come.  I would expect old age to get you well before your emphysema does.  x

• Posted

Working on the health part. For me it is a drastic change. I have been successful so far, eating differently, walking more. I am veering my yearly CT scan mid February. Doc wants yearly checks for cancer. The newest symptoms have been clammy and dizziness. A mild case of wheezing. My diagnosis was bilateral apical emphysema. Doc said just spots. Thanks for listening, it is good to talk with people in the same boat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.