New guy on the block - likely to be arround awhile

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Just started on Orlistat but fortunately I'd read a lot of your posts before I took the first tablet so no horrible experiences yet because I know to keep below 30g a day / 15g a meal max.

Cleared my house of everything that wasn't low fat and now carefully read all packaging of everything I buy.

I've been set a target of losing a pound a week for the next three years (ie 11 stone in total).

Cheers

Tyke

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tyke, i've just started too but feeling quite positive so far. Unfortunately with 4 kids and a hubby that doesn't really do the weight loss thing I can't go mad with throwing food out but where I am going to have something that I know they'll eat i'll just serve that for them.

Good luck for your quest, I really have to do this now...friend of mine died recently at the age of 30...purely because of his weight.....it's really shook me up and made me realise what the consequences would be of carrying on the way I was going. Although I wasn't as obese as him I felt that if I carried on the way I was going i would be somewhere down the line in the same situation....was the jolt that I needed.

Take care. x

• Posted

good luck to you both
  • Posted

Hi Tyke

Was just wondering how you were getting on with the bluey's and eating etc. I know you have the goal of a pound a week...how is it going?

Hope to hear from you soon for an update.

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

[quote:3291e50739=\"Terrie \"]Hi Tyke, i've just started too but feeling quite positive so far. Unfortunately with 4 kids and a hubby that doesn't really do the weight loss thing I can't go mad with throwing food out but where I am going to have something that I know they'll eat i'll just serve that for them.

Good luck for your quest, I really have to do this now...friend of mine died recently at the age of 30...purely because of his weight.....it's really shook me up and made me realise what the consequences would be of carrying on the way I was going. Although I wasn't as obese as him I felt that if I carried on the way I was going i would be somewhere down the line in the same situation....was the jolt that I needed.

Take care. x[/quote:3291e50739]

Thanks Terrie

For me the tipping point was how my body was handling sugar - in January 09 I had a blood suger level below target and below average but in the last 18 months the way my body handled sugar has deteriorated so I knew it was time to start.

Keep it up

Tyke

• Posted

[quote:c59ba0b059=\"Suza\"]good luck to you both[/quote:c59ba0b059]

Thanks Suza

Much appreciated

Tyke

• Posted

[quote:a605a54e57=\"pearl_rainbow\"]Hi Tyke

Was just wondering how you were getting on with the bluey's and eating etc. I know you have the goal of a pound a week...how is it going?

Hope to hear from you soon for an update.

xxxpearlxxx[/quote:a605a54e57]

Hi Pearl

Good to hear from you. In two weeks I've lost 11lbs so I'm feeling pretty good so far. Go on holiday tomorrow so get the feeling that this will be the real test.

Cheers

Tyke

• Posted

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Well done and enjoy your holiday..will be a great test but if you can do it you can do anything!!!

Let us know how you get on...

• Posted

enjoy the holiday, don't worry to much about taking the tablets but do try and pick healthy low fat options. You have proven that the tablets work for you so you will have no problems after the holiday getting back to a \"normal\" day to day routine.
  • Posted

Well done Tyke, seems like me and you are about the same, lost 10lb in 11 days so far and I'm also on holiday tomorrow....fingers crossed we don't go too mad eh?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.