NEW health anxiety 😕

Posted , 6 users are following.

OK before I start, I have a long history of depression and anxiety but my anxieties were always social or situational, I never considered myself to have health anxiety.

Until now.

Back in late February, I noticed I had a high resting high rate (usually high 90s or just about hitting 100bpm), I simply shrugged it off as being unfit. But then Early March felt some discomfort in my chest, predominantly on the left side. Thought it was weird but shrugged it off again... By around the 12th I was getting very sudden sharp squeezing pains (they'd last like a second or 2) so I phoned 111 (the UK's non emergency line). I never thought to call 999 but the 111 operator sent an ambulance, blue lighting to my address.

Paramedics arrive, ask about symptoms whilst rushing their kit in and then eventually hooked me up to an ECG machine.... Normal results. Then took my blood pressure - slightly high but not worrying to them. Blood sugars - normal... Still getting chest pains though. They ran the ECG once more and took BP again but results were still fine. They had no reason to suspect any cardiac event. I was advised to book a GP appointment the next day BUT if I have more pains, especially if worse to attend A&E right away.

No GP appointment for 2 days... In the meantime, I have another episode of high heart rate and chest pains that were slighter sharper... I still called 111 though like an idiot, they straight away sent another ambulance to my address.... 2 more ECGs, blood sugars, blood pressure taken twice, stephiscope used, loads more questions about symptoms and health history.... Again, the ecg did not indicate a cardiac event but the crew weren't pleased with my blood pressure and my symptoms, so A&E I go!!!

At the hospital I have yet another ecg with acceptable results.... Im told to wait in the waiting room and then eventually called in for Cardiac Enzymes blood test. They take 2 vials of my blood and I wait 1 hour... Tests come back all clear. Apart from slightly low kidney function and "I don't like your blood pressure" but the Doc assured me "there are no signs of a cardiac event past or present".

Okay so, I've now recently been back to the GP for a Full Blood Count (yay take more of my blood!) and another ECG.... Since that appointment, I can see my results online on my NHS app... I see in the "Conditons" tab "ECG... Level - significant... Status - active" and I froze. Hours later my doc calls me and ask to come in tomorrow (1st April). I'm worried they've found something the hospital didn't. I've had rolling anxiety attacks for hours whilst I lay in bed, unable to sleep. I was just keeping to a stage where I was starting to believe "phew! It's obviously not my heart" but now I'm freaking out again. I even convinced myself my anxiety attack was a heart attack - even though I have no pain and I've since calmed down. The worry is killing me.

I'm not sure what I'm expected from this thread, I guess I just wanted to write something down. Right now my heart rate has lowered, there no pain and I feel OK-ish, so my only option is to wait til tomorrows consultation but the suspense is killing me. I'm scared to hear bad news, even if not heart related. I can't stop worrying... 15 mins ago I was literally hyperventilating...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im going through the same symptoms for months, stress test and blood works was clear. hopefully all is well for you, please update on how it went.

• Posted

I have an obsession with my heart as well. About a week ago I experienced left arm pain after working out and I googled like an idiot and first thing it said was heart attack ! I freaked out and went into panick mode for about 2 hours even woke my mom up.. Was gonna go to the hospital but they were telling me thats silly which it was because the pain went away. I deal with heart palpitations a lot some days they get so bad I cant even lay down on my back because it feels even worse. Ive had several ekgs done and labs everything normal ughh its really frustrating.. Hope you are doing well please update us !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.