New - Help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on my third day, doc says only have 2 a day, lunch and tea. I started Thurs tea time - so far I have been constipated is this normal? I have no idea, but things have really slowed down, and I'm not going at all. Anyone else like this??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ditto!!! Been on them 12 days and have had the slowing down effect and bloatedness. Also headaches which are a lot better. I read that if we drink lots of water and eat fruit it should be better. I am a lot better than I was but still not as I was.

The joys!!! feel better in general and lost 4lbs on my scales...

KJ

• Posted

OK doekie, I'll give the water a go, put on 2lb since friday - i just want to go!!
  • Posted

Anyone any advice? I still havent been its Monday, I took first bluie on Thursday and have been constipated since?

Has anyone else done this?

• Posted

Hiya Bigcat,

I have experienced it myself no....but Im sure some of the girls made previous posts about suffering from constipation.

Mibbe just starting on the tablets and thats ur systems way of dealing with it.

How`s it going with increasing fluid intake? How much water are u drinking.

(Try a small tin of prunes and drink the juice also from the tin. Not very nice I know(unless u like prunes), but it will make u go.)

Good Luck..

• Posted

I've not experienced this,the opposite actually lol.!

If nothing else works try senokot.

Good Luck :D

• Posted

Hi Bigcat

I'm just starting my 3rd week on the tablets, take 3 per day. I was ultra carefull with the fat content of meals (to avoid side-effects) that I really wasn't eating much over 10g per meal. I too had the odd side-effect of having consipation. I then discovered Rich Tea bikkies, which apart from being a treat I also use as a 'filler' to bulk out my meals up to around 14g of fat. According to the packet they are 1.2g per bikkie. Since then everything has returned to normal and I'm feeling much better and I feel like I'm loosing some weight. Not seeing doc again until 11th Sept, but feel like things are starting to move in the right direction.

Hope this helps with your problem. Other than this I've had no other side effects, apart from headach during 1st week, but thats gone now.

Womom

PS Brill website, lots of help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.