New Here

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help for new people on the board about how this "discussion" works or just newly diagnosed with hypo and looking for advice/help.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Wecome to the forum.  Read through other posts on this forum to see how it works.  You will find advice and tips.  Ask any questions you may have, have a moan etc.  The forum is for you to get and give support to others in your position,

ask and give your experiences. Anything worrying being newly diagnosed just ask someone will probably have the answer.  Also check out Thyroid UK on line.

All the best to you.

• Posted

well, I am Cookie1943.  I looked through things and found a lot of good information here for new people like me but it is seems to be scattered throughout a wide range of topics. I thought it might be nice to have one central place for new people to go to to get started.  I was diagnosed in early July and there is a lot of to learn.  I will get the book and keep trying to figure all this stuff out.  Meanwhile, I think there is a lot of experience on this forum to help us all who are suddenly overhelmed by all this.  I am not on FaceBook...do I really need to join or will this site give me the help I need?

However, I think there are a lot of experienced people here to easy the pain of learning.

• Posted

Hi Cookie 1943,  I have been hypothyroid for over 20 years and am on 125mg of levothyroxine.  You will read on this foruum that GP's not all of course are not that good with this condition.  There is a lot to learn and if you have any particular questions then please ask the forum.

• Posted

To begin with, I was wondering what the point/badge system is all about.  I am here only as a person asking questions but I seem to be accumulating points of some kind for some reason.  I would think that points would belong to those who are long-time contributors.  Based on what I am seeing, the points have no meaning as far as time on the forum or sharing of experience.  Also, there is a phamplet mentioned and I don't know where to find it.  Then I'll get around to finding out what all these T codes mean.  I guess I'd better learn all this as it seems I'm going to be around this hypo condition for awhile (I'm 71).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.