new here

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

been on orlistat for 8days now and lost 6lbs. Decided to turn vegatarian because most meats have really high fat and ive been wanting to do it for a long time. Any advice would be helpful x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

welcome and must say what an excellent start you have made.

Going veggie seems like a good idea to help with weight loss but I like chicken stir frys to much to give up :D .

The main help is to say that some weeks you will find that you might not lose any weight but your body will be changing so maybe at this time measure yourself and note the measurements as well as the weight loss. Drink lots of water to clean out the system and green tea helps breakdown fat so does aid in weight loss.

You may need to take multi vits if you are cutting out all meats/fish but remember to take them at least a couple of hours after a pill as the pill can stop the absorption of the vitamins.

Good luck and look forward to chatting and seeing your weight loss

• Posted

The best advice i can give is to spend some time reading through the forum and set aside some extra time when grocery shopping so you can really look at the fat content in products sold in your local shops.

You don't have to give up meat, theres a lot of shops that sell leaner cuts of meat and if you invest in a george forman grill (or similar) then the fat content will be even lower. I regularly eat beef steak, pork steak and chicken - all cooked on the g.f grill, i also eat prawns as they are low in fat.

Well done on your loss so far, the other thing i can say is most people lose a lot initially and then get disheartened when the loss becomes less per week/month but its normal for that to happen

• Posted

Thanks for all the great advice, i forgot to even measure myself so i'll do that, i thought that i wanted to become veggie so nows the best time than any x
  • Posted

Well done on the weight loss so far what a great start. Eat a small apple after each main meal and look at as many pass forums as you can to get tips and inspiration. Spend extra time shopping looking for low fat options.

Keep up the good work :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.