New here and suffering!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone smile I am new and very happy to find this forum. I am a 29 years old woman with diabetes type 1.I have been severely constipated the last 2 years.The first time I went to the doctor he told me to eat more fibers,drink lots of water,exercise and put me on Laxido. My weight is 52 kg I exercise 4 times a week, eat lots of vegetables and fruits,drink plenty of fluids and not eating meat at all. Nothing of the above works! Laxido seemed to work in the beginning but then it stopped. Then I was on and off with Dulcolax. The last year has been even worse. I cannot go to the toilet without laxative. I was so desperate that I ended up taking 2 Dulcolax pills almost every day. As a result I ended up drained and weak,and lost 3 kilos (I was 55kg before dulcolax). I stopped Dulcolax and tried senna which works most of the times,there are times that senna doesn't work. I asked my gastroenterologist for colonoscopy and he said that I don't need it. I feel very stressed and scared of having bowel cancer. The last days my stomach has been upset,indigestion,feeling full after eating a little bit of food,loss of apetite but in the same time very sad and stressed..Could it be cancer? I don't have any other symptoms, only extreme constipation, no blood as far as I know.. I don't have quality of life anymore..My life revolves around laxatives,planning everything around them.There are moments I end up crying without stoping,I feel I can't do it anymore..  sad

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For the constipation....buy on line Apple Cider Vinegar...the one with the mother in it....and mix it with half water and drink a shot in the day and a shot in the evening withing 3 days you will be pooping regulary.
    • Posted

Thank you Misssy2! I will give it a try , have nothing to lose.. Have you been suffering from chronic constipation too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.