New Here IBS-C

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all,  I have been suffereing with IBS-C for about 8 years now and yes things have eased up and i am not so stressed,  but i am still strugging to empty my bowels,  my dr said i have non sympom IBS in that i don't get any spasms but i get bloating and constipation, not as bad as some but uncomfortable all the same, i can have a week without going or some weeks i can go 3 times a week,   i take lanzoprozole,and i take metfomin for PCOS plus i have buscopan when needed and fybrogel that does't seem to work very well,  i am also a little stuck on what foods i should be eating to help IBS-C any advice on what helps would be gratefull, food and med wise

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am in same boat currently trying different methods to help regulate flax seed with evey meal seem to help plenty of fiber an fruits. Seem to be working at the moment
    • Posted

i have tried flax seed  in the past but i end up with stomach cramps :-(

• Posted

Yeah got that my self Just started littlr then uped once the cramping went I know how u feel I really feel for you.have you ever tried digestive enzymes with papain ;amylase. lipase pepper mint oil an betaine. it help me less crampimg my stomach helps digest foods whatt take longer . Hope it helps hope u get things better soon 😃
  • Posted

I have gallstones. Before I was diagnosed a GP thought it was either IBS or Gallstones. Not sure now whether I have IBS as well as a gallstone but symptoms are obviously similar.

No idea about dieat for IBS I'm afraid but for Gallstones it is low or no fat.

Take care and keep us posted

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.