New here, symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to all, this is my first post, my name is Paula, I'm 49 and have been experiencing various symptoms for the last few years, and some for longer

I would like some advice from you all to see if you think i may have Fibromyalgia. Here are my symptoms

I will start with the symptom that got me thinking i could have fibromyalgia, I have had continual lower back pain starting in Oct 2017,. and it's never really gone away, it's worse in the mornings, very stiff and sore, it is better once i start moving around, but never goes away completely. I had physio for a while but stopped as convinced the exercises were making the pain worse,

Irritable Bowel (past few years)

chronic acid reflux (past few years)

pain in left shoulder blade, like an intense muscle knot

buzzing,/tingley sensation in my legs

flu like pain at times in the legs

leg jerks and twitches

pain in my elbows (a relatively new symptom)

tender when pressing certain areas of skin (legs, chest, arms)

tender lumps under skin

fatigue which comes and goes

brain fog, not able to get sentences out properly.

Hip jointPain

knee joint pain

neck pain

Also I am post menopausal, went through an early menopause, early 40's

I have been on antibiotics depressants got many years now, initially for depression but now for anxiety, which i suffer from on winter months

i am looking forward to hearing from you all, for any advice

thanks

I have been on anti depressants for many years, initially for dep.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula, I was diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia some years ago and have many of the signs and symptoms you mention, and others. I used to be on pain killers and suffered the side effects so eventually decided to come off those and feel better for it.

It is a horrible condition but I use mind conditioning to overcome many problems, that is to say, accepting the situation and then focusing away from the pain. Oh its there all right but I just dont let it bother me.

I tried CBD oil but made no difference just lightened my bank account. Having said that my friend who suggested it to me, also a fellow sufferer, she took CBD and became pain free, she said.

I think sometimes accepting things are as they are can help win through many problems in this life. Is that too Stoic? well if it is it works for me.

I do hope you are able to find a way to manage your difficulties. I do have another way I cope that helps me win through, but maybe thats for another time.

Take care now and dont overdo things.

My kind regards, Dave.

• Posted

Antidepressants can make you grind your teeth and move your jaw around, sometimes just when you sleep, other times when you are awake. This can put pressure on your temples, neck, jaw and your shoulder blade, often people describe a crunchy sensation. Antidepressants can also give you acid reflux too. The lumps could be bursitis. If you are having brain fog and you are twitching and having tingling sensation, I would recommend seeing a neurologist. Have you heard of tardive dyskinesia? That is a possibility. If you are jerking your legs, that could be causing your lower back pain. Are you taking vitamin d or any other vitamins? It is very important after the menopause to take certain vitamins. If you are deficient in certain vitamins it can give you depression and anxiety or definitely make it worse.

• Posted

Hello Paula my name is Luis and I was reading your symptoms and I can related to some of your symptoms and I know how you feel about it well my are cause by mold but every doctor I have been to can't figure it out and is very frustrated I wish I can help you out with your health problem Im

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.