New in this forum

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies;

I am 42 years old. All my life I have been an unusual strong healthy woman. I have a 25y , a 3y and 8 month old child... I had a cystocele / rectocele repair. 3/31/16.... Feeling good so far... My bigest concern is if I will be available to go back to my usual intensive workout routine ( p90x, insanity , T25 and. More) and to run a marathon ... One of my biggest dream... Could I run a marathon without having the cystocele coming back ????

Hugs

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm same age with 4 boys 24.22.14.6 and a 10 month old daughter lol not sure on exercise but I'm sure sit ups etc is a no no xx
    • Posted

Hi 3helen... Wooooo 4 boys and a 10 months girl ???😳😳😳wonderful !!! Congratulations !!!!

I guess you were looking for the girl and you got it!!!

Thank you for your comment.

Hugs

• Posted

hi Miliva I'm similar age  and like you desparate to get back to the gym and my running - im obvisouly going to go with my consultants advice after my 6 week check up- but what i have learned/read is that a return to intensive activity needs to be gradual its not a case of its 6 six weeks post op so you are good to go!!!! But i have heard that things like squats and very intense ab excercises are maybe not a good idea ever ...... but im going to ask my consultant to refer me to phsio after my check up- also have been checking out on 'tinternt an australian lady who seems to have written a few books on what is safe and not safe after this type of surgery
    • Posted

Hi Deborah,

I will definably going to ask to my dr on my 6 weeks ck up... But I like to hear from other moms their opinion from their own experiences with this type of surgery... I love to workout and going to the gym is one of my passions ...

Thank you for your comments

Hugs

• Posted

You will be able to run a marathon again but not for about 18-24 months 
    • Posted

Hi Matron, if that the case ( run a marathon in about 24 months) that is fine with me!!!! Soooo happy to know this... Cz this is one of my biggest dream among others , to run a marathon! That you.

Hugs

• Posted

Hi,

I am 43 and started running 4 months after anterior and bladder repair as was advised that this was ok and my prolapse returned because of this.  I was then told by someone else that no impact sport should be done after these types of operations.  If i had known this i never would have done it. 

• Posted

Hi there

I'm 50 and have been a keen runner until 2yrs ago. I'm 2 days post op and can't wait to get back to some exercise in a few months time. What do you do now?

• Posted

Hi 2Debbi53024,

Sorry your prolapse returned😔... I think you should had waited little more longer tha 4 month after yours surgery😔...

My dr told me that I can go to and participe in the next Olympics... But only after a 18 months ... (Matron is right)

I asked in this forum because I like to hear from real women experience with this type of problem ..

Hope you will have recuperated.

Hugs

• Posted

Hi, Im guessing all that pressure on your new repair wouldnt be a good idea.. Running is classed as high impact isnt it hun. 
    • Posted

It is high impact but the whole idea of a repair is that, a repair that is meant to let you lead a normal life. I did Zumba after 18 months and only stopped when I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis x
  • Posted

Hi miliva

I had hysterectomy and anterior repair 3 years ago and was told by phisio no high impact sports at all ever, nothing where 2 feet off the ground. I hate the fact that I'm not allowed to use my favourite - running on the tread mill - however she did day I could walk on treadmill with the gradient adjusted as uphill walking is really good without damaging pelvic floor.

But having said that my prolapse and therefore repair was very extensive, I am also older and having started menopause my ligaments are much weaker now.

Phyl xx

Hope thus helps a little!

• Posted

Hi Phyllis;

Thank you much for sharing your experience with us.

It really help.

Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.