New issue with fibromyalgia, very confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had fibromyalgia most of my life. I started getting some different symptoms. I called my doctor and she said no to be concerned it was probably a combination of the fibromyalgia and the Costochondritis.

For the past two days I have Ben having some discomfort, pain in my right breast and just under my breast and to the right side near the the arm pit.

Today I went to be seen and they said it was nothing.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? I know there are so many different symptoms with fibromyalgia but this one is new to me.

Thank you

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes Rebecca76! this is one of my main issues breast and chest pain, it's constant. I feel it under the breast which the doc said that it's my rib. I have had mammograms in all because of the pain under my arms too. It is scary too me. I have spent so much money running to the doctors with this fibro. my head now hurts so bad every single day now. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I just wish I had some better relief. gabapentin does not work!

• Posted

Thank you. I'm sorry you have all those problems. I also get headaches everyday now. My doctor has tried different meds but nothing works. I have spent lots of time and money between doctors and hospitals with no relief. I hope someday they find something that will help.

• Posted

yes I ask out of soooooo much money without any relief that's the sad part!!!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Posted

yes it is. Wouldn't be as bad if you could get even a little relief.

• Posted

hi Rebecca76

i too have had and still get pain in my breasts and under them and under my arm . it is very frightening but mammogram and mri showed nothing so it was put down to my fibro . i have had fibro many years and still new symptoms show up.

Vitav i have found duloxatine to be the best pain relief for my fibro but

all the drugs i have tried have side effects some worse than others its trial and error and comprise

however pregablin and gabapentin were toxic to my system !

hope you find some relief both of you

BB

xx

• Posted

I'm glad you found something that helps. I've has lots of tests shows nothing. At the point even a little bit of help would be great.

• Posted

what side effects did you have from gabapentin?

• Posted

I have had those pains, too. I am 74 and have only been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 5 years and it took years before I was diagnosed. I also have Polymyalgia Rhumatica, an autoimmune condition. The only thing that has helped my fibro is hydrocodone. It doesn't take away my stiffness and pain but helps some and makes coping with it easier. Took gabapentin and cymbalta and had awful side effects. my very best wishes to you. This is an awful disease that doctors need to know more about. It has changed my life completely, but you never give up hope. some of your days will be better. โค Linda Groves

• Posted

even a little relief is better than nothing when you are in pain all the time. I'm 60 and have had this for over 35 years. Everytime you look you find some new problem. You just never give up.

• Posted

You are right, Rebecca. Some relief is better than no relief. This is an overwhelming condition. But somehow, you have to realize you must never give up hope. And yes, it seems something new always crops up.

• Posted

I just never know if it's fibromyalgia or something else is happening to me! Too much! I'm a very happy spirit. However this last year Fibro has beat me down! I'm out of sooooo much money because I'm always afraid something else is wrong and I go running to the ER! smh ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Posted

i get like a deep achiness on and around my breast parts, including in my upper rib cage area. I notice it more around the start of my menstrual cycle and during my mid cycle. Its like the pain and deep achiness intensify during these times

Hang in there! We're all with you, hanging in there with you too :-*

• Posted

Every freakin day. Most the time very obviously my ribs and sternum. Sometimes different and right under/behind left breast and ribs. Sometimes on right as well. Sometimes I have arm pain with it which makes it scarier.

At this point I have decided not to go back to the Doctor unless I actually fall out or cant breath.

I know how this sounds but its been over three years of these same pains and issues. I no longer know what may be an emergency.

Have also had stroke symptoms and raced to doctor. This was also fibro issues.

Im in a flare bow so im extra angry. Just needed to put that out there. Hope it passes for you soon .

• Posted

Wow! you sound exactly like me! it's so scary! The rib and chest pain Every single day, not a day of relief. So sad! Now I'm dealing with a daily headache. I'm sooooooo overwhelmed with it all! I wish I could understand this disease. ugh...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.