New knee PKR on right knee affecting existing Left PKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have had my right knee PKR done 3 weeks ago and are making steady progress. What I have noticed is my existing left knee PKR which is now 1 year old seems to be playing up a bit , a bit more sore than previously. Has anyone else experienced the same as I guess it may be something to do with the realignment of the leg, and will this soreness continue to reduce over time, Any advice / previous experience much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob (54yrs)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

With the new surgery you are compensating some and relearning to walk properly. Some of that weight and turning is having an effect on the good leg. Slow down your mechanics and make sure every step is taken properly with both legs. Heel, ball toe and bend. When you speed up the process to put more pressure on the the joints.
  • Posted

yes robert that can happen i felt i have to say thank god it didnt last long like that after my revision the other knee was done a year and a half before the revision and up until revision that knee was doing fine as it had no other choice but after the revision my good tkr started to give niggly pains and was often sore but i soon realised that it was down to the way i was walking i was favouring the better leg and was yeilding too much on the good tkrĀ  i then started to put the new tkr leg on the ground better and lent through it as i walked in no tme the other knee felt better good luck
    • Posted

Thanks Linda,

It is good to hear that as at is a bit weird with 2 precarious legsregards

Rob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.