New Lichen Planus sufferrer

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Some really good (if thats the right word) stories on here and I dont really know how some of you have struggled on for so long.  Especially those of you with the Oral version, that must be really horrible.

I'm a new sufferrer, since January this year.  Couple of small sports appeared on my lower right leg, didnt take much notice, used some creams, then spots on the other leg and then it starts to spread.

Then lower arms, end of my penis and now randow patches appearing. 

Am reading up on what can be done, doctor prescribed some cream, not really working, but perhaps stops the new patches from getting really large spots.

Have read on here about St Johns Wort and have just bought some cream which I will try.

Couple of days ago I found in the cupboard some cream I'd been sold recently while in Prague.  This is calming cream, with cannabis and primrose oil, made by Isolda.  So thought I'd try this and maybe I'm scrathing less, which is a good sign.  I'd read hemp oil is good, someone said cannabis/hemp are much the same thing, so maybe thats what is doing it.  Time will tell, I only have one tube! 

Did I also read that bananas arent good for LP?  I always eat a banana or two a day, havent had any for a couple of days as I ran out.  Perhaps it's not the cream at all, just no bananas???

Of to Rhodes tomorrow for a week, 30 degrees of sun, so I wonder if that will do it good - or not?  Maybe going in the sea each day in the salt water will help???  Nothing ventured as they say.

I've also tried:

- Double base - no real affect

- Coconut oil - no real affect

- Baby rash cream (cant remember the name, well known one) - no real affect.

Anyway, I'm dam lucky compared to some of you and up to being 57 years old I've never had any real health issues, never spent a night in hospital - so I have been very healthy and lucky up to now.  But now I'm with everyone else here - trying things!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you Guppy,

If antone lives around the Medway/Maidstone area and wants to know who he is just drop me a line. Not sure if I should post his details on here?

I googled him and he has a really good background.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.