New lump

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my second foot repaired 3 months ago and all has been great till I found a little lump on my scar right where the bunion was. I thought it was an insect bite but didn't go away. It's quite sore to touch so went yo see doctor who sent me for X-rays. He thinks it could be an undissolved stitch? Anyone else had this?

Amanda

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda. I am sorry to hear you have a problem.  I had a lump at the bottom end of my scar like a dark grey bump but when I went to see the district nurse she said it may just be a small bleed and that it would settle down. It is still visible but not a pronounced lump any more and the other end of the scar has a small one too so have dismissed it as nothing.

has the doctor advised what they can do for you? Is it painful at all?

• Posted

I am going yo see him tomorrow morning, if it is definitely an undissolved stitch then it will be removed under a local anaesthetic . Yes it's sore to touch feels like a nerve on the tip of the bone!
    • Posted

Ouch. Hopefully it will be a simple procedure and be over quickly.

hope all goes well.

Sue

• Posted

Thanks Sue, I hope so too, I have had both feet done in the last 6 months and was just thinking I had got to the end of things, back into shoes, no heels of course!
  • Posted

Hi Amanda,

I've had similar and the senior nurse was most helpful showing me how to massage the scar as this will break up whatever is below the surface. The wound needs to be well knitted to do this - 6 weeks. Press into the area especially the bump. I use Bio oil sometimes and aqueous cream at others. Already it looks better - only tiny bumps now. I actually massage the whole of my foot several times per day when I do the physio exercises. I can wear my walking boots and shoes - I'm told anything with a solid sole, so no dressing up for a while. Good luck with massaging it hurts a bit but is a good hurt if you know what I mean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.