New lumpy feeling 13 weeks post op

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I'm 13 weeks post op TVH and anterior and posterior vaginal repairs and was doing well generally, but last  week I went back to work full hours (3 days) and looked after my grandchildren with my husband on another day ( he did the lifting) and yesterday and today I feel very swollen and 'lumpy' and it is uncomfortable to sit. I feel when standing as if things down below have 'dropped' a bit and I'm wondering if I have caused some injury to my repairs. When I climbed down off the bleachers at the swimming pool last week I felt a few sharp pains in the lower abdomen. My daughter always tells me that I'm using muscles I haven't used for ages but I still worry. Anyone else feeling swelling and lumpiness about this number of weeks post op? I know it is easy to do too much but I had been feeling pretty good at 12 weeks and now I don't. 

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, glad you have an answer and a minor repair job upcoming.

Thats the trouble with us, we want help and advice but cant show the people on here what we really mean or how it feels so the person answering a query doesnt really have a lot to go on apart from a description .

good luck for next week.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your replies everyone! I'm so sorry I dropped out- we had bad news in our family and that's been taking my attention.... 

...I was treated last week with silver nitrate. It stung a bit and later a small amount of tissue came away with a bit of bleeding, but no problem. The surgeon wanted me to come back for a second treatment which she 

did a few days ago, although she said there was not much there to treat. No problem again until yesterday when I started feel really swollen again.. I'm wondering if maybe that area has gotten infected? Will go to the Dr if the feeling persists.

Would really like to be done thinking about the operation and aftermath, but overall re the repairs, it really was worth it and I feel generally so much better! Also thank heavens for forums; It is so comforting to be able to ask questions or look up similar experiences contributors have had. I wanted to share with others about granulation/'proud' tissue - I understand now that it can be quite common after vaginal hysterectomy. Best wishes everyone and thanks again for your interest and support, am very grateful.

• Posted

I'm so glad Elizabeth that you're feeling so much better generally.  If you're concerned about it feeling swollen again, can you ask the surgeon or her secretary if this is normal?  Even though I've never had this granulation issue, when someone else posted and asked what their lump could be, I did say that I'd read about someone who had granulation so to ask if it could be that, so you helped someone else there by having mentioned yours!

I'm sorry to hear you've had bad news in the family.  Look after yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.