New medication < Orencia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have just been prescribed to start Orencia injections. Like all Biologics it comes with so many bad side effects. Right now I am on Sulfasalazine and Leflunomide.

I have tried methotraxate in the past and it worked for a few years then started effecting my stomach so went on those . Right now my Rhuematologist thinks that I am still having some flare ups and should go on the biologics. I have to say the side effects are making me wonder if I should just live with the RA pain.

Looking for some feedback on it . Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI PATTI

i have been on biologics for 2 years now - not the drug you have been prescribed but other biologics - firstly injections then tablets and they have worked fine - there is side effects with all drugs and I was like you, very apprehensive but they do work and worth trying

good luck

zanne

• Posted

I just started Orencia injections about 5 weeks ago. I've been on the dmards and Enbrel and Remicade. nothing has worked for me til this. I felt I'm probe mentioned after only 2 injections. I had a large nodule on my wrist that's bow gone. my right elbow was so bad I couldnt straighten it or bend it all the way. my feet also feel better. I have nothing but positives to say about how well it's worked for me, and ive had no aide effects. I hope whatever you decide to take works for you too!

• Posted

Oops that should say I felt so much improvement after only 2 injections..darn auto correct.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.