New Medication question

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there im about to start medication since my first time after diagnosis, I would say I have mild rheumatoid arthritis compared to some horror stories I have read but I know this disease can progress quickly does anyone recommend any meds? What side effects have you experienced? Thankyou in advance x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depending on which country you live in, I would try very hard to get on biologicals ASAP because for the majority of people, the illness seems nonexistant once they take these shots.  
  • Posted

I have also just been diagnosed with seronegative ra. My doctor is starting me on plaqenil. Does anybody have any experience with it?
    • Posted

That's what I think he might give me next week! How bad do you feel at the moment? Where is it affecting you? Did your CRP show any inflammation? I've no idea about meds im just so scared of the side effects x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.