New meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tonight went to see dr coz of my chest pains and SOB

EKG was done - everything normal, dr ruled out anything to do with my heart (thank God)

Diagnosed me with GAD with panic attacks, so now I have a more pronounced diagnosis instead of just "anxiety"

He started me on 10mg Paxil daily starting tomorrow for a month, trying it out and see if it helps..

He told me to continue with lorazepam as needed with anxiety.

Geez, I hope the new med will help.

Anyone else on or been on Paxil.

The one thing I really love about this dr I saw in after hours care...he too has anxiety so he understands me - he's easy to talk to and he listens and takes time with you, doesn't rush you.

I want to make him my PCP I've seen him 3x already in after hours for my anxiety!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Were you on any other medication before?

I am taking Citalopram which is under the same category as paxil.  It took me about 3 weeks until I felt better.  I am on a low dosage and even though my doctor wants me to up it, I try to stay at a low dose.  

I also take lorazapam, but I urge you not to use it once your paxil starts making you feel better.  I purposely only take lorazapam during extreme situations.  I only use it one time every 2 weeks.  

• Posted

I've only had lorazepam.

To be honest, I'm afraid to take Paxil anymore although I've only taken it once.

Dr said he'll put me on Zoloft but it has side effects like any other meds, one of them is anxiety.

So I don't want to take it.

I'll just stick with the lorazepam as needed for extreme ones.

• Posted

Hi if you take the paxil and it works you probably won't need to take lorazepan hope you get better soon 👍

• Posted

Why are you afraid to take it?   Because of the side effects?    When I started  Citalopram, my anxiety definitely did get worse.  I felt out of it a lot also.  But once it starts working, it helps a lot.  It's just those initial few weeks that are tough.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.