Posted , 5 users are following.

just been prescribed gabapentin 100 mg .. back pain  tingling   Dragging pains in front of legs  .been reading comments ....is anyone having positive results with this drug ? It's scary as I don't want to take ibuprofen etc because it plays havoc with my IBS 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So don't wanna put weight on just lost over a stone lighter and fitter than been in years not going back so if I gain will not take it 

• Posted

How someone gets on with Gabapentin varies a lot. I take 2700mg and have no problems with it. You may find 100mg a bit low but see how you get on. It does not affect my IBS.
  • Posted

I have been on it for years. It keeps pain under control and my restless legs/arms are so improved. I have no side effects except sometimes and I mean on few occasions I have felt brain fog. I know a lot complain but I am thankful as I could not take the pain all the time. It did take 3-4 months until I felt improvement. I also eat right and walk a lot. Total life changes!
  • Posted

I was prescribed 200 mgs. But, was told I could increase it. I am now taking 4pmgs. I have RLS. and I need knee replacement on both legs. I am finding relief. Hopefully it will continue at this dosage. I don't like to increase. But, I also want to sleep. And not have spasms in my legs. I timed how often my legs twinge. Every 11 seconds. Make me feel crazy. Good luck to you!

• Posted

I have had my one knee replaced with a total procedure and I need the second one done but ran into some heart problems. My RLS is really bad and often effects my arms. His drug has gotten everything under control for me. Try this trick too. Before bed sit on the edge of the bathtub and run really warm water over your legs from the thigh down while massaging your legs. I have found that to help. I also have a tendency to wake during the night so I split my bedtime dose (200) in half. I take 100 before about one hour before I go to bed and 100 when I wake during the night. It is working for me so I am sharing my plan with you. Hope it helps. I also have arthritis and fibromyalgia and I have a thrumb joint replacement as well as two partial shoulder replacements. I am almost 70, very active and I do not sleep well. It has helped m tremendously. I wish you well.
  • Posted

I have been taking gabapentin for a few months now it has helped my neck and shoulder pain tremendously. It does work as long as you take as prescribed. There are side effects but after a couple of weeks your body will adjust to them. If not tell your doctor and he can put you on something else that will work for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.