New member ,looking for opinions,how Celexa affected your performance at work and mental sharpness

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello all, I've been prescribed 20 mg celexa for anxiety attack i had on my trip abroad.its the first time it happened.other wise i dont suffer from constant anxiety or depression.my doc wants to keep me on it for 6 months.i took it for 3 weeks,and liked how it made me feel,i was calm , happy and content.my only concern is how this will affect my job and performance.im executive chef in high end place,i need to be sharp and fast most of the time,I like to know how celexa affected your job and mental performance??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take 10mg for anxiety x Taken it for a year x I work in sales and just had one of my best years of ghe twenty with the company

• Posted

I also use it, but it not affect most about our health and mental. If you use celexa following the doctor instructions, that should be fine ... Even though the drug has a litter effect, even if it makes me feel tired, I insist on following the doctor's dose, but it ok with me...

• Posted

it has no affect on mental capacity if taken as prescribed should be no issues.

• Posted

i have to disagree, since reducing my brain fog has lifted and im more sharp, but everyone is different x

• Posted

toria,can u clarify ? you had brain fog on celexa or when you came off it?

• Posted

when on it, i couldnt even workout routes to places, thats improved now and im on the ball, doesnt mean it will do that to you though x

• Posted

since been on celexa my work is imaculate iam more aware of my surroundings..no anxiety is a plus for anyone doing any kind of work.best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.