New member to the club. Prevention Diet Questions

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I got the news I have it a few days ago. Never had a fever or anything just this pain in lower left side especially when I would press on it. Had the scan, Dr says Diverticulitis and prescribed FlagL and Cipro. By the way I hate that injection dye on those scans. Feel almost back to normal, no more pain really but easing back into normal food. Mainly just soft stuff for now. BUT when I get off the antibiotics and resume normal food I want to eat right to avoid another flare if possible. I know I have to give up beer which stinks but I can do that. There are a couple other things I do that I wanted to run by the group and see what you think. I like to have this drink at night that really helps me sleep and I feel is good for me but not sure. Its 10 oz of water, 1 tbl of Apple Cider vinegar, 1 squeezed lemon, and a tbl of raw honey warmed up. My wife thinks that is too acidic and it caused this. I'm not sure. I also just started taking a fish oil supplement in the mornings but I wouldn't think that would be a problem. I've been reading other posts and this is definitely the place to get good advice so just throwing it out there. Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was recommended to go to a nutritionist, best advice! I been pain free for over a year. Everyone is different my nutritionist said no acidic food, I may have some limon once in a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.