New on clitrparm

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi I started ciltrapram about a month ago i did 9 days on 10mg and now 2 and a half weeks on 20mg and I'm still struggling with so de effects of going hot, feeling sick, tired and my anxiety feels so much worse. Does anyone have any positive stories on this drug as I seem to mostly find negative stories I am on this drug for depression and anxiety and I just want to be better.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lydia!

?In my experience, it took me a good 2 or 3 months before I felt Citalopram fully kick in. I've been on it for five years now (may have to switch soon, as I'm afraid it's "pooped out", as they say), but these five years have been great.

?For me, it was really rough when I first started taking it. I think it was a good 5-6 weeks at least before the side effects started to go away even a little bit.

?One thing to remember with negative stories is that people are much more likely to come on a message board and write about the negative stories than the positive. So there are many, many people who have had a positive experience with citalopram, but they just aren't on the message boards:-).

• Posted

You are right about that ...there 40million people on ssris world wide..and only a few on forums.i had a very unfortunate start ups on celexa..but eventually I recovered..and still on it.....
  • Posted

Lydia

Haven't heard from you in a bit. How was your week? Things getting any better, any small improvements to celebrate this week?

• Posted

Hi Matthew how are you doing? I'm still very up and down at the moment more down than up still struggling with side effects but only been on thjen 5 weeks or does seem to take a long time to get better mornings are really really bad still which is hard as u have two young children and work so I have to be up early. How you getting on.

• Posted

I'm doing alright this week. Like you still having lots of trouble in the mornings, but seem to clear up as the day goes on. I was able to go to work every day this week, which is something worth celebrating. Hang in there things will continue to improve and stay positive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.