New onset of epigastric pain...don't know where it's coming from

Posted , 7 users are following.

So, I'm back...unfortunately :-( after my stay at the hospital where all my results came back normal, despite all my symptoms poiting at pancreas, I started taking sugestive enzymes and I had about a month of relief - less pain, better digestion, etc. However, some 2 weeks ago, I started having GI problems all over again: onsets of strong epigastric pain, had diarrhea for about a week, gases, now I'm starting to get back pains again. Don't know what to do and don't know what's causing the pain. I had really everything done at the hospital: MRI, MRCP, CT, EUS, colonoscopy and endoscopy, bloodwork...you name it. Everything except HIDA scan. Don't know what to do to help myself...please suggest if you have an idea!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yup, there are 3 types of SOD and type 3 can present itself without duct dillatation or increased enzymes in blood. SOD can also have different manifestations when it comes to pain: it can either give more gallbladder pain or more pancreatic pain. Women are in general more prone to SOD, as to other functional disorders, they suppose that this is because of the hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.