Posted , 4 users are following.
59 yr old male with no outstanding health issues. A bit overweight, not the most fit, but overall, can't really say I have known problems. Digestion-wise, things have always been pretty good. Could eat anything pretty much, any time, often with a good glass of wine.
In the past 10 days or so, I have observed the following:
- Appetite loss, with a bit of nausea, no vomiting. Once I begin eating, I am fine. Stomach feels a bit sensitive before eating but fine afterwards.
- About 2 hrs after I eat, I feel a bit bloated and it feels like it takes forever for the food to get past the small intestine.
- I am not constipated, but my bowels have changed since onset. Less frequent and smaller amounts.
- I have not lost any weight.
- I am on PPIs and have been for years. No acid reflux
- Lots of gurgling, whether hungry or not
- So, symptoms from stomach to colon, with different sensations at each stage
For context, it is about one year that I have been quite stressed and worried for a family member's health, Additionally, i had to put my dog down 2 weeks ago, and these symptoms started about 4 days after. I had been grieving her already for months. I am thinking they might be related, but I don't know. As added context, I had my screening colonoscopy last year, all fine. I also had an abdominal CT scan a year ago for a very painful gastro that was also normal. Had a abdominal ultrasound 2 months ago to track and monitor a gallbladder polyp. All normal and stable there too.
Thinking this could be IBS but not sure. Debating whether i should wait a few more days and try some alternative remedies or whether I should head for the clinic which may trigger an entire battery of scans and scopes.
Any insight, similar experiences or guidance would be appreciate.
0 likes, 5 replies