New orlistat user. First weigh in tomorrow and not confident. Any advice or tips?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I weighed myself after a week and lost 9 lb so I was over the moon! But then the 2nd week I gained a pound and the 3rd I lost 1 lb. I've just had a sneaky weigh in (before my first doctors weigh in tomorrow) and I've gained a pound! So gutted! I was hoping it would be a steady weight loss. Has anyone else experienced the same?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the only advise I can give you is keep with it as everyone is different. I lost 2 kg on my first monthly weigh in and was dissapointed but then the weight loss seemed to get better after the 6 week mark.

I am on month 6 now and I have lost 2 & 1/2 stone so far but my weight loss has come to a stand still again now.

My GP has said Im doing well and said that it will obviously get harder as time goes on but to keep up the good work.

Just keep going dont give up and fingers crossed your weight loss will kick in soon.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. Well done with your weight loss so far! I'll definitely stick with it, I'm determined to lose my weight.  I have 5 stone to lose but I have 6 kids aged between 13 and 2 so they help keep me active!  I hope your weight loss starts up again, fingers crossed for you. Xxx
  • Posted

Keeping busy is the best thing...thats my problem I have too much spare time on my hands and I get lazy!!

I need to up my exercise routine to kickstart the weight loss again.

Determination is a good thing too, with that in mind and keeping busy as long as you stick to the fat rule it should be plain sailing.

• Posted

Everyone is different some months you can have a big loss other months a few pounds it's always better to lose evn a 1lb than put on any weight. My first 4 weeks i lose over a stone some people lose more some less.

What tips are you looking for?

• Posted

Just some tips that work for everyone. Like do you keep food diaries? Do they work? How much water should i be drinking? Do I need to weigh my food? Is everyone exercising too? I'd like to take everyone's tips on board from the start so I can tackle it head on and I just wondered what everyone does to make this weight loss pill work for them. Thanks for any advice. Really appreciate it xxx
    • Posted

I dont keep a food diary but maybe its a god idea to start one so when you have a good weight loss you can look back on what food you ate then, I might consider that myself.

I drink as much water as I can stomach, Im not a big water fan and sometimes have to add sqaush etc. I aim for at least 1 litre but drink more if I can handle it.

I do try and exercise as much as possible but I know I can do more really so Im going to try and aim to up my exercise now.

I dont weigh my food but do try and control my portion sizes and as soon as I am full I stop.

I have found this forum really helpful while Ive been on the pills and find it useful for tips etc.

I hope you manage to lose your weight x

• Posted

Hi @Cara i use MFP to log everything but sometimes i don't when i already know how many cal is in the meal. Personally i drink anywhere between 6-8ltrs of water a day but that is me. I do have a blog on the tablets if you want it PM me. I know a lot about them and have lost over 100lb since Jan 2013 and have nearly finished my journey.

If you stick to it you will do it and whatever you do never eat anything high in fat if you have any questions please just post back x

• Posted

I keep a food diary on myfitnesspal and it helps loads, I weigh everything and play roller derby and thankfully it doesn't feel too much like exercising wink 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.