New Orlistat user, help?

Posted , 9 users are following.

hey its my first day using orlistat, and i just joined this group and site, in hopes of finding some help and guidance from those who are familiar with this treatment. anyone? thanks in advance smile

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Welcome

It's a great group

What wud u like to knw ?

• Posted

i have the 120mg pills, and i usually eat 2 meals daily, shall i add a 3rd meal to get my 3 pills in a day? or stick to 2? dosage is high?

thank you xxx

• Posted

If they r prescribed by GP

Then u do it according to GP instructions

• Posted

i purchased mine online, it does state 3. what dosage do you take? and do you workout?
    • Posted

I purchased online as well

I used to take one proper meal before & either take light breakfast or light lunch

But never used to make proper choice

I used to eat rubbish snacks when felt hungry

I started orlistat on 2nd April

But started having breakfast lunch & dinner

Coz if u will take three meals then it will increase ur metabolism & u will not snack at all

I don't snack now

If hungry in the evening I take fruit or healthy option

I have lost so far 2.8 kg in a week

& I do evening walks after dinner

• Posted

I don't really eat snacks anyway, so I will take your advice and have 3 meals a day...I use my cross trainer for 20 minutes a day...should increase to 30?

And hopefully I see some results you've lost a lot in a week

• Posted

Definitely 3 meals a day! If you eat too little your body slows metabolism because it doesn't know when its next meal is smile just make sure you don't go over 15g of fat per meal and under 5g fat per 100g and you'll be fine smile always best to exercise as well!
    • Posted

great xD thank you...i do 20mins on cross trainer
  • Posted

Hello,  here in belgium, we can buy it any time, my pharmarcist ordered it for tomorrow morning so I am starting tomorrow, but i have a problem, I can be a bit lazy, will it work ?
  • Posted

Hi all well its been 10 days since I started the pills and so far I have lost 3.5kg I eat 3 meals a day and I gym 5 to 6 time's a week. Also I do measurements on my bust legs hips and stomach this has gone down as well. Only thing is my stomach works blood every now and then. Any one else have the same?
  • Posted

Hello,

I bought the alli book on amazon for under £6 (including delivery!) and it has loads of information and recipes, if this is any help?  I just started on it and I'm trying to get as much info as possible too smile

• Posted

hi!

I hope you are getting on with orlistat ok.

I have just recieved my orlistat in the post and have been reading lots online before I start...I have also been searching tesco and other shops for meals which I will be able to eat. Could you let me know the sort of meals you have been having? I was thinking of the meal plan below:

Breakfast

banana

toast (light spread)

lunch:

healthy living sandwhich from tesco/ sainsburys/marks and spencer (less than 5g fat)

dinner:

healhty living tesco ready meal less than 5g fat per 100g maximum 15g per meal

also a snack maybe 0% fat total yourgut? does this sound right? I am terrified of getting it wrong.............

hope your first week has been ok

xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.