New pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I am coming up to 5 weeks post op doing well im off meds even though a little pain at night ,

until tonight woke at 1 am with a really bad pain at the front of my knee just under my kneecap i dont want to start taking tablets again does anyone know if i can apply ibuprofen gel its right on the scar tissue any help please.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Let ice be your best friend for the moment. Hit the anti inflammatories unless they bother your stomach. If that doesn't help soon, call your doc. Unusual activity can sometime trigger these episodes. Add rest and hydration to the process. If you have completely healed ( no scabs, no drainage) Vit E oil can be massaged in a couple of times a day

• Posted

Let ice be your best friend for the moment. Hit the anti inflammatories unless they bother your stomach. If that doesn't help soon, call your doc. Unusual activity can sometime trigger these episodes. Add rest and hydration to the process. If you have completely healed ( no scabs, no drainage) Vit E oil can be massaged in a couple of times a day

• Posted

Thanks you guys i will take the advice on board its just a real downer when you think your getting there and something new crops up ah well the joy's of tkr.

• Posted

Take 4 Ibuprofen.  It will help with the pain and swelling. 
    • Posted

Instead of 4 pills dissolving at the same time, have your doc write you an RX for 800mg ibuprophin TID (one every 8 hours).  Time release.  Takes a few days to get the drug up to the right level in your bloodstream.  But...

Things like ibuprophin and acetaminophen can have an adverse effect on the stomach.  Make sure you have no interactions with these drugs and that you use them short term.  I'd never take either on a long term basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.