New pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my second hip done April 18th my recovery seemed slow, at first then i went to stay with my daughter for a week and I felt I was coming on great as I was walking more and used stairs which was a challenge because I live in a bungalow. My daughter lives in Scotland which was a five hour journey by train, I had assistance. when I returned home I started having problems, I couldnt get out of bed one night because of terrible pain in groin area, I was unable to go to bed for a week i was using sofa with recliner, i ended up going to my doctor because my legs were very swollen so much fluid caused a huge water blister on my leg which has now burst, doctor gave me Naproxin for the pain and also meds to get rid of water, i lost almost a stone in a week. I have terrible pain when i get in and out of car, its a horrible burning pain going up the inside of my left leg into my groin. Its so painful that its made me shout out and have ended up in tears! its very scary i wondered if anyone else has experienced this? its only started a few days ago cant think what could have caused it? I am getting to the stage that I dread getting in the car it also happens when i am taking lower garments on and off! shoes and socks etc, not as bad as the car cant think why any ideas please?? I will have to call my doctor if it doesnt stop soon!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Why wouldn’t you call you doctor now?

• Posted

I did but cant see doctor until next Friday i have to call them again in the morning at 8am to try for emergency appointment? or go to A&E Thanks

• Posted

Hi Karen I went to doctors this morning he thinks its a Neurological problem he has given me medication if they dont work he will increase the dose and if it still doesnt work he will do further investigation hopefully they will work?

• Posted

Hi Cyndey,

That sounds like terrible pain you are having.. I think you should most certainly be going to see your GP. You don't want to be suffering that terrible pain when they could offer something to help you.

I hope you get some relief soon

Jennifer

• Posted

Hi Karen thanks for your message and comments, i am making an appointment ASAP called them and told to call back at 8am tomorrow to see if i can get an emergency appointment if not then i will go to A&E I will let you know how it goes thanks again

• Posted

HI Jen I went to see my doctor this morning he thinks its a neurological problem and given me meds if they dont work he will give me stronger ones, and if that doesnt work he will do further investigation fingers crossed! Regards Cyndey

• Posted

i just read your post Cyndey. i know the kind of pain you are experiencing. it is horrible. if it was better and then started this way, maybe you should call your surgeon. i did not have a total replacement like you, but I know the pain from the pinning. i wish you the best and hope you can get some help soon.

• Posted

Thank you so much, i have been in touch with the hospital and told to call my GP which i did but got nothing available until next Friday, so they suggest I call them again at 8am tomorrow to get an emergency appointment or go to A&E I will let you all know outcome thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.