new pain in my heals.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Woke up this morning to my ankles hurting and popping alot, with excruciating heel pain. Any one else get this ? I have had ankle pain, but the heel pain is new. TIA.

Emily

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Is it like a spike being pushed up from underneath your heel? Jeanne xx
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, the pain is my entire heel, sometimes sharp, but mostly aching horribly, and crampy, if that makes sense ?
    • Posted

Ooh that sounds nasty. I get pain like I described, only in my right heel, but a few years ago I had it in both, and reckon it was plantar fasciitis. Sorry I can't offer any advice except maybe a foot bath with Epsom salts in. That might help to ease it. Let me know how you get on. Jeanne xx
  • Posted

I've had plantar faciitus in both heels with little relief for almost 3 years in varying degrees. the stretching excercises help a little, Sorry i'm not more help.

• Posted

Hi Emily:

I am new to the forum, but I can relate. I was diagnosed this past Oct & since then many weird pain, feelings, & sensations have come over my body. Anyway, yes to the ankle pain, but I have also had feelings of numbness that runs down my shins during my sleep ( which of course wakes me up). My ankle pain is usual more in the morning, but subsides after I am up & about.

I hope that helps that your not crazy, & your definitely not alone !!!

Smiles & giggles to you,

Valerie826

• Posted

Hi Valerie, Emily and others;  I too, have pain in my feet, however, more so in my arches/muscles....have done so for years....always make sure that I wear Good shoes with proper arch support (can be dressy and lovely ...have a special brand, but best not put in name)....as for treatment, I rub with my arthritic gel which helps to relax, and a good soak of feet....as for the numbness and tingling in lower limbs, this we have all said we suffer from too....I use Supportive Stockings/Tubigrip (although used for increased circulation, and know we don't have Circulation probs,)  but does relieve the numbness and can get through the night without this problem waking me up....both can be bought from Chemists/Physios....hope this helps you all.....Bron
    • Posted

Evening Bron :

I am trying to figure this Fibro out to keep myself sane, but adjusting to it All sometimes is so, so overwhelming. Thank you so much for replying & giving me great suggestions to my onward & upward fight to conquer.

Enjoy your weekend,

Valerie826

• Posted

Hi Emily253,

Yes,I have expierenced this several times over the years with pain in my ankles,feet and just recently,had terrible pain in one big toe and of course,everyone wanted to tell me it was n/grown toe nail,gout..I said no its Fibro-taking up a new home someplace on my body.No,my toe was never red or swollen.

Sure enough two weeks later the pain is gone and I can walk freely.Now,for the last two weeks-my pain has been in my JAW,Ear area.

Believe me when I say "Fibrom. attacks anyplace,anytime,anywhere and can be very annoying.

• Posted

Hi elaine85769:

Yes, truly can relate ! Fibro just takes up residency anywhere & anytime. How annoying !!! A few weeks its the ankles, then knees or just one shoulder ...whatever, just a Super Pain. I am just trying to adjust to All of these changes from this diagnosis. So many say Fibro comes & goes & the weather ...OMGoodness just throws another wrench into. What else can I say, is I relate & glad I found this forum... Thanks for connecting.

Enjoy your weekend...Smiles & giggles

• Posted

Yes I get this too. Part of the many symptoms of FM !
    • Posted

Hi Julie:

I know freaking Sucks !! Now its moved to my neck & right shoulder....

But Smiles & Giggles, I keep going,

Valerie

• Posted

Valerie today i have a frozen shoulder literally. It feels cold and numb. I hate these symptoms and wonder why there is no blood test to diagnose this but in time I'm sure there will be xx
    • Posted

Hey Julie:

I totally pray there is advancement soon !!! It seem every other disorder/ disease gets more federal $$ or private donations...We R definitely overlooked. But I will keep my prays & know we R All GODs children & he wants the Best for All !

Hope your day & shoulder got better ad the day went on. My hand & fingers R starting to get that numbing sensations... Message anytime to vent or chat.

Valerie826

• Posted

I get this too. Infact, today I am in excrusiating pain from head to toe..Its driving me pottysad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.