New pains

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am almost 5 months post op from a L3-S1 spinal fusion and i am all of a sudden having pains between my shoulder blades down to my left arm. The area goes numb, has tingling, this that and the other. the pain is getting more consistant and annoying. It's hard to deal with.... It reminds me of the pains i had going down my left leg... I have an appointment with my PC on tuesday to hopefully get an MRI done and see whats going on... Has anyone run into this issue?? I've had 5 lumbar surgeries and now that the fusion has been done im noticing all this pain in other areas of my back... Not to mention my back still hurts A LOT.  i can definitely move around more than before the spinal fusion which is amazing! This sucks!! sad 

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I was fused from L2 to S1 June 2015. It took a hear to heal, or should I say until it felt healed to me. I have to say that so far, it was a good decision for me.MUCH less pain, much less numbness. But, I have to say I have felt pressure in the area above the L2. My surgeon warned me that after my surgery I would be a higher risk for trouble with the upper spine. The fusion is rigid and puts pressure on the vertebrae above the fusion. That's my guess as to what is going on. I hope you have a positive outcome! Be well!

• Posted

oh my! sad the pain also terrible where my fusion is.. i understand that they cant do anything else and i need to finish healing. Just hope when i get the mri that i wont need a 6th surgery... ugh. thanks so much!

• Posted

I have faucet joint injections at 4 levels bilateral one being the sacroiliac joint, I have them every 4-5 months for the past 5 years through the pain clinic, they work for me but not everyone, I get around 50% pain relief and couldn't walk or stand without them, ask about them they might be able to help you also, there's nothing they can do for the cyst it's compressing my spinal cord and I have cervical degeneration with c6-7 bulging disc and bone spurs at every level xx

• Posted

every time i got an injection they worked for like 3 days and stopped working or didnt work at all.. the most recent one though, in april worked for 2 weeks and i was actually surprised! i got theough my wedding no problem! i really never wann ahave another one ever again. i always have an issue going in.  One day my heart rate and blood pressure went down too low and i almost threw up and fainted on the table. I always have anxiety attacks too. Thank goodness my last guy gave me mecication to take 2 hours before so i was kinda out of it and it went smoothly. they scare me! how come they can't do anything about it?!?!?! thats insane!!!

• Posted

My pain doc said if they don't work then the faucet joint is not the cause of the pain, have you tried a tens machine? in my case it's inflammation in these joints that are my problem which is why I get relief I just dread the day they stop working because I won't be able to move, when they wear off the pain can only be described as like arthritis in the joints so any movement is excruciating, maybe you still need time to heal in this area try and take it easy and don't over do it also have you tried ice packs...20 mins every hour

• Posted

interetesting!  i haven't tried it!! I've heard about i and i have done some research about it though! my sister in law's boss has and said it does work for him! I do have osteoarthritis and the weather bothers me a lot. it's strange how one minutes im walking fine and the next second i can't walk.  i've done ice packs and heating pads and it's alright but the pain is still there sad 

• Posted

I'm in the same boat....I had spinal fusion almost a year ago and recently I've been experiencing the same kind of pain that I had before my surgery (L4 L5 fusion)...turns out that my L3 has degenerated and is what is causing me pain.  It goes right down my spine to my left leg and both legs are numb again.  Walking is getting more difficult.  I have an app't with my surgeon on Nov. 26th to see what can be done...Dreading the thought of another surgery.  

This really sucks....

• Posted

oh no!!! Positive thoughts your way!!!!!! I still get the pain in my left leg and the numbness all that crap. the only difference is its not from my lower back down, its from my neck down now. absolutely annoying, terrible, and painful sad i hope you wont need another surgery!!!!

• Posted

Noooo way I have worked to hard and over come to much to ever let another idiot touch me #Hell No👎

• Posted

oh no sad i hope it stays that way and i hope you get the relief you need. you're in my thoughts!!!!

• Posted

Yes u deff need a new scan to confirm if there is any new changes , i wouldnt get worried until u have had this done as u might just be worrying and theres nothing wrong , hope it goes well for you im still struggling myself having had L5 /S1 surgery in. Feb 2015.
    • Posted

I know, i just get myself all crazy when i know i shouldn't. It would be awesome if theres nothing wrong! im crossing my fingers so much! Oh no! sad I'm so sorry to hear that! i hope everything straightens out for you! <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.