New Pains, could this be my scoliosis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone. I have scoliosis and have done since I was a young kid, its never caused me too much trouble, but I do have a pretty deep Pectum Excavatus as a result, which goes off to the right, and I have a slumped shoulder and my upper pectoral muscle on that side is kind of, like, missing. I have always stood with all my weight on my left side as a result, and have always dealt with some pretty annoying back pains.

anyway, fast forward to september. I had a panic attack based my uncertainty of a really nasty widespread infection that took ages for doctors to diagnose. The infection cleared up really nicely, but the panic attack left me with a kind of uncomfortable feeling in my right leg, that my doctor ascribed anxiety to.

now its november, and the uncomfortable feeling has spread all up my right leg, and my right arm, sometimes it is physical pain, sometimes it is just a tightness mostly at the joints, but more recently it has spread to my neck and my right rib, which feels very tense and heavy, but also extremely sore. it aches profusely, but is particularly uncomfortable when I'm laid down, and especially when I breathe in deep, breathing is also a slight issue, but my oxygen levels are fine.

ive never really inspected my ribs before now, because my scoliosis was one of those things my parents spoke to the doctors about when I was young, I am now 23 and I heard that this is the age where the pains of scoliosis really start setting in, and I have noticed that my right rib (the sore one) protrudes out under my arm and down my side significantly more than the other. I was wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone and what I can do if so? could my panic attack maybe have caused a jolt which aggrovated something?

just a slight addition: I know it may seem malicious, but I have had a CT scan of the brain, a full set of infection/nutritional/autoimmune blood testsand various reflex tests, and the doctors are certain its 'nothing serious'

but the fact that it could be linked to my spine has only just dawned on me this weekend.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.